Megan E. Jennings
I've used a wheelchair since I was 2; I'm now 28. As a child, I, like everyone, yearned to see myself reflected in media & my parents went to great lengths to find any positive portrayal of people with disabilities.* I filled my mind with these characters and their stories; they inspired me to live life to the fullest. Even as a child, I knew these stories to be important for both empowering disabled individuals & enlightening those without disabilities, as they normalize disability by humanizing disabled characters. As an adult, I'm even more aware of this &, as an entertainer & writer who uses a wheelchair, I'm determined to do all I can to ensure the telling of such tales.
Projects To Look Forward To
- a regularly scheduled webcast dedicated to discussing the depiction of disabilities in media
You Wouldn't Believe It
- a regularly scheduled blog documenting the experiences of everyday people who just happen to have disabilities
Megan's Monthly Mentions
- a special monthly podcast in which Megan highlights the achievements of individuals with disabilities from either history or current events
Untitled Projects In Development
- a play exploring the experinces of both physical and emotional paralysis
- a regularly scheduled series of 'funny because it's true' comedy-sketches about life with disabilities
- a webseries of scenes from various well-known stage & screen productions as reimagined, adapted, and recast with disabled performers
- a Ballet, featuring both dancers with various disabilities & those without disabilities, which explores humanity's shared experinces
- a regularly scheduled series of short films either starring and/or written/produced/directed/crewed by individuals with various disabilies
- an original animated fairytale about twin princesses, one with a physical disability & one with a mental illness, as they adventure to save their kingdom from an encroaching army by discovering the true villan behind the invasion, finding within themselves a strength they never knew they had, earning the respect & admiration of their subjects, and even finding their soulmates & falling in love along the way
There are numerous ways to become involved with Accessing Life and our organization would love to have your support! We are always seeking collaborators, volunteers, donors, affiliates, and friends.
You can also donate to us via our Patreon page.